Owl Banding Private Booking-Sept 22
September 22 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm$200
HMREC is excited to offer the opportunity to join you for our owl research. Each evening session is approximately one hour long and dates have been picked to maximize the potential to see owls being banded.
Due to our COVID-19 protocols, all sessions will be held totally outdoors so enthusiasts should be prepared for cool nights and need to bring the following:
- headlamps or flashlights for as many participants as possible we will be walking through the woods
- blankets or sleeping bags while we are sitting and chatting for warmth
- something to sit on (optional: as we will be perched on a bench at the beginning)
- boots or good shoes for walking on a wood-chip trail
- long pants
- face masks (COVID-19 protocol)
We ask that you arrive at the entrance gate (Wool Mill Road) just prior to your scheduled time as the gate will not be open before that time. Bookings are non-refundable, however full refunds will be made if local COVID-19 health protocols change or in the event of poor weather conditions.
Please book at least 3 days in advance (the earlier the better as dates are limited and book up fast)
You will be contacted by HMREC staff within 48 hours to confirm your booking and to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for considering this nocturnal adventure and we aspire to making your night a real hoot!
To secure your reservation:
Cost is $200 per booking with a max of 10 participants
For further clarification or questions feel free to call Bruce Murphy, Research and Education Coordinator at 705-650-0640